Tuesday, May 23, 2006

late night thoughts......

things i miss:

my grandmother's snoring. she could vibrate the paint off a battleship with her snores but they were comforting in their own way.

the scent of camel's on my grandfather's clothes. not very politically correct to miss the scent of what probably killed him. yet i cannot think of the man without the remembering how his clothes smelled.

the smell of open liquer bottles behind the bar at the elk's lodge. the only time i ever really spent with my stepfather was helping him bartend various events. could not stand the taste of the contents but the smell of an open bottle still reminds me of him.

waking up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee. not a coffee drinker myself. if i need a caffine fix it comes from a soda bottle. yet whenever i am visiting my mom i wake up to the smell of her fresh brewed coffee.

and finally, the scent of strawberry perfume on an 18 year old hostess i crushed on too many years ago to count. obviously my tastes in fragrances over the years have changed yet the smell of fresh strawberries brings me back to the cask and cleaver and a hostess two years older than me to whom i could barely stammer out a hello.

1 comment:

Irving said...

Gold Why Gold Bullion, Coins, and Investments. Learn why gold is an important component of all investment portfolios. Why Gold Coins Bring Good Luck? The more gold coins I buy the better my luck gets. Allocation of stock: Allocation of stocks by the Asset management companies are shown in the factsheet, the composition of portfolio are shown properly so that all those investor who have invested in the mutual fund or those who wish to invest in the fund can get an proper view of the style of mutual fund management by the AMC'S. Gold Panning. Indian gold imports in 2012 seen down 20 pct Reuters. * Gold imports to head for first fall since 2008* Gold gains 5 pct in 2012; equities 17 pct* Investments in gold ETF slowingBy Siddesh MayenkarMUMBAI, Feb. Gold Investment Scam? Vital Money. Potential scam in Genneva and other gold trading investments. Dennis Gartman's Unique Gold Investment Strategy Seeking Alpha. I?m always looking for unique ways to invest in gold, and legendary investor Dennis Gartman recently discussed a way to build a gold position in other currencies.