Monday, May 08, 2006

Vacant Throne

Life has been busy here in the land of the throne.

Running around to the various doctors, hospitals and testing facilities that I have visited since April of 2003. Collecting records, x-rays, phone numbers all required for a visit to the Mayo Clinic.

I also made a run to Palmdale which is northwest of Los Angeles to exchange cars with my brother. My beloved 1977 Blue Cadillac Coup de Ville is now in his garage where he can do what I was never able and that is restore it to its original glory. He has other cars so the blue bomber can receive all the tlc it deserves.

In return I drove off in his 1995 Neon. Value wise I got the best part of the deal. Family history and sentiment wise he got the best end of the deal.

It became necessary though when I calculated that just driving to Scottsdale and back would cost almost two hundred dollars. Leaving me to choose between a roof over my head or a meal in my stomach while going through all of the testing. This way I don't have to choose I can have cracker's and a bed.

I leave in the morning and the throne will be vacant for a minimum of five days maybe longer if I run into extended testing or treatment.

If I am lucky when I return I will have found some answers to the health issues that have been dogging me for so long.

No comments: