Sunday, October 15, 2006

invasion of the body snatcher's

fall.....the air is crisp. the leaves are turning. and there is a sense of something ominous on the horizon. flu season is just around the corner. or in my case residing within my home.

first sabrina came down with the flu. i assumed that cristian would soon follow. usually when their are multiple children in a household they will fall like domino's. one brings home the bug and soon a feverish hush falls in what are normally sonic dens of noise and activity.

and this time was no different except for one minor twist in the plot. cristian got sick......with the stomach flu not the expected flu..flu.

in one part of the house was sabrina snorkling and coughing, in the other was cristian feverishly clutching the porcelain throne doing his best to keep his organ's where god intended them to remain.

i am sure without much thought you can see where this is going.

with my lousy immune system i ended up with the trifecta.

my normal ickiness wheezing and coughing, sabrina's flu and cristian's stomach flu. my body was being pulled in so many directions i felt like stretch armstrong in the hands of a five year old.

one benefit of having been sick for so long though is recognizing the early warning signs. as soon as my stomach began rebelling and my bones began aching i was on the phone with my doctor. with prescriptions of compazine and tamiflu in hand i was able to avoid the most severe symptoms.

while i am still feeling less than stellar i am doing better than i expected when i first realized what was heading my way.

No comments: