Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Momdate 3.29.06

Been away from the throne for the better part of a week. Took a quick jaunt across the desert to visit mom in her Bullhead home.

Overall she is doing well. The various meds have improved her red blood cell count and she is beginning to have more energy. Her appetite was little better this visit as I actually witnessed her eating more than one meal.

The cancer is still limited to her bones. A recent scan showed that all of her organs are clear of the disease.

Her heart continues to be a concern. The inflammation is under control but the meds will not last forever.

Mom insists that the cancer does not worry her at all that it is her heart that will do her in.

Her attitude is good. In all honesty she is dealing with her own mortality better than I or my siblings are. I asked her how come she was always upbeat with the grim reaper somewhere in the neighborhood. She actually laughed at me and told me that she could either live and enjoy her remaining time or worry and not. She chose to live.

God bless her.

No comments: