Friday, March 31, 2006

Never Been.........Until

A year ago the 15th of April on the advice of an old blogger buddy I contacted the Mayo Clinic/Scottsdale Campus regarding my ongoing respitory issues. At the time I was informed that I would be put on a waiting list and that someone would contact me when my name came up.

I figured if was lucky, maybe a month or two would pass before I heard from them.

Of course I have never been lucky. Never win raffles. Never wind drawings. Never won the lottery.

After three months with no phone call the whole Mayo Clinic idea soon slipped into the background noise of life eventually to be forgotten.

Imagine my surprise than when last week a phone call was received from the Mayo Clinic. Seems I was not forgotten afterall. Only that there are quite a few people like myself with long term respitory issues.

Bottom line is that I have my appointment on May 10th. Since Scottsdale is five hours highway time away I will be driving in on the 9th.

My stay could be short as a day or as long as several weeks. All depends on the initial testing.

No comments: