Monday, November 07, 2005

Paxil, Paxil and Paxil

Typing posts with blurred vision and dizziness that should only be experienced by someone who has spent seven straight days on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras is not something that should be attempted by the faint of heart. Beside it is inherently unfair. At least a week of Mardi Gras can be considered a price worth paying for feeling this way. In my case though what the hell did I do and how come I don’t have any pleasant memories relive and be able to say with just a touch of sarcasm it was worth it.

My personal diagnosis is that either that the ear infection I have been dealing with is a particularly viral strain or Paxil CR provides more withdrawal symptoms for the buck than any other so called legal drug.

My hands are trembling. My stomach just spent about seventeen hours and thirteen minutes riding the roller coaster that holds the worlds record for consecutive loops. My left ear feels like the gremlin from the classic Bugs Bunny cartoons using his little hammer on my eardrum. And if science did not say it was virtually impossible I would swear that my brain was actually a large top spinning on a brain stem.

Ear infections will pass. It is the Paxil CR that is causing me the most frustration. Out of all the anti-anxiety meds I have tried Paxil is the only one who leaves me feeling somewhat human, a two thousand pound human but human nonetheless.

Early this year Paxil CR was briefly recalled because the CR part was not working properly. For some odd reason people who buy their drugs with expectations of a controlled release are disappointed when the release happens instantaneously rather than over time. Sometimes are expectations are just to high we want are meds and we also want them to work.

Apparently when our friendly neighborhood good-hearted pharmaceutical company returned the medication to the marked they did not consider that there might be a backlog of patient in need of their Paxil in CR form. So now those of us in need are well in need.

I have now been two weeks without. Anxiety is increasing at levels previously unknown to man. Xanex while a good escape vehicle is not a long-term solution. As the addictive properties of the big X make Paxil look like a bag of skittles.

I have checked all local pharmacies and at the suggestion of a good friend begun a search of Canadian pharmacies.

My last hope is going to be hijacking the Good Year blimp and flying across the country with the electronic sign reading “Free Rides for Paxil CR”, no questions asked.

Bad idea actually I hate heights.