Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's a Boy.......

or a girl, or maybe some new and rather bizarre life form left behind by my alien abducters.

At least that was what I kept telling myself as I lay on the table while the tech rubbed warm, greasy gel around my abdomen.

My doctor ordered an ultrasound in order to investigate recent and past ailments. Primarly localized pain on my right side that could be gallstones or possibly something related to the liver. Since I was having the test anyway she decided to take advantage of the opportunity and look at my left kidney.

Intellectually I understood that an ultrasound was a diagnostic tool used to detect all forms of illness. Emotionally though I was having a difficult time seeing it as anything other than a baby detection tool.

Silly I know. But if they do discover a new life form in there I am going to name it George and I am going to hold him and squeeze him......

No comments: