Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Marriage of Fools

She said:

I am going to use
My words of love
To make you dance
To my tune
I am going to play
Those lover's games
I want to see you beg
I want to see you crawl
I want to see you on your knees
Begging me please
Love me tonight
I am going to mess with your mind
I am going to twist your soul
You are going to be my slave
I am going to mold you
Into a man
My kind of man
Who understands
That I wear the pants
That I am the boss
A man who will follow my lead
No matter the cost
You will see the friends
That I approve
You will wear what I choose
Not what you want
You will sacrifice your freedom
For my satisfaction
If you have an opinion
You will wait for my reaction
You will buy me
Everything
My heart desires
And if you tell a soul
I will brand you a liar
You are in my web
There is no escape
Like the black widow
I will drain the life from you

He said:

I am so tired of
Your silly little games
Your constant whining
Is driving me insane
You cannot lead
Where I will not go
If you believe you can
Then you are a fool
I have to be true
To who I am
But you are to warped
To understand
The more you pull
The more I will fight
We have to be equal
Or I will leave tonight
Its give and take
Take and give
From what I see
That is how most couples live
You have to realize
I am not made of money
I love the simple life
Not wine and honey
I am Wal-Mart
Not Beverly Hills
I am Garth Brooks
Not Beverly Sills
I am barbequed burgers
Not Filet Mignon
I am Pismo Beach
Not Caribbean sun
I live check to check
Not Visa to MasterCard

I am happy just the way I am
Nothing fancy
Just a simple man
I cannot change
For anyone
Not you or someone else
So forget the games
And get out of my head
Or pack your bags
And leave instead
Don't get me wrong
I love you still
And no matter what
I guess I always will
But if my choice
Is changing to fit your mold
Or losing you to someone else
I will lose you before I change

Because when it is all said and done
Each and every morning
When I look into the mirror
I must be able to respect the man I see

No comments: