Friday, September 17, 2004

But For

But for another foot
I might have played basketball
But for a hundred pounds
I might have played football
But for a wicked curveball
I might have played baseball
But for a lack of speed
I might have been a runner
But for being tone deaf
I might have been a singer
But for a sense of rhythm
I might have been a dancer
But for actual talent
I might have been an actor
But for comprehending math
I might have been a physicist
But for comprehending language
I might have been a diplomat
But for my constant questioning
I might have been a priest
But for lessons learned
I might have been an alcoholic
But for acute seasickness
I might have been a sailor
But for an aversion toward guns
I might have been a soldier
But for hating to fly
I might have been a pilot
But for being city born
I might have been a farmer
But for a desire for personal time
I might have been a chef
But for all of the above
I might not be me

No comments: