Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I Am

I am
A minstrel
Following in
The footsteps of prophets
Pen in hand
Writing verse
The world will never read

I am
An autumn leaf
Caught in a thunderstorm
Clinging to hope
Expecting salvation
Torn from a branch
Thrown to the ground
Left in the mud
Me, to drown

I am
A book
Written for
The world to read
With a torn cover
And dog eared pages
Some find meaning
Some find hate
Some find hope
But most read it once
And toss it away

I am
A moment
Of uncontrolled lust
To much passion
Heart left to rust
Like the litter
Left after the parade
I am
A loser
In life’s grand charade

I am
A heart broken
From carrying
The weight of bitterness
Around
No where to turn
Crying alone
The feelings burn
Like fire and paper
Like acid and skin
Nothing left over
To begin again

I am
A light
Left alone in the dark
Burned out from chasing
The shadows away
With no hope left
Tossed to the ground
Broken and shattered
Trod underfoot
Like my light never mattered

I do matter
I am
A person
In need of love and affection
In need of acceptance
For who and what I am

I am
A person
With an empty heart
And feelings to share
If only someone
Bothered to care

I am
Alone
Against the world
Fighting a battle
I was destined to lose
An outcome
I cannot accept
Because in the end
I will win
My only weapon is hope
And no one
May take that away from me

I am love

Only love


No comments: