Wednesday, March 02, 2005

March Madness

Today was a day filled with frustrations and consequently I do not feel very creative.

I spent most of the day fighting my way through a bureaucratic jungle. Unfortunately I discovered much to late that the road I was on was circular in shape and no progress whatsoever was made.

Company A claimed that the problem was not theirs to resolve and referred me Company B. Who in turn after requiring twenty or so minutes of torturous hold time spent listening to a repeating message proclaiming how important my phone call was to them, informed me that the problem lie with Company A. Returning to the phone maze belonging to Company A the drone I spoke to informed me that the problem could not be resolved without the assistance of Company B. Gritting my teeth I returned to the sinister brainwashing experiment that passed for hold time in Company B’s world. When a human being (and I use the term loosely) removed me from the solitary confinement of the waiting ether, they informed me that I had been misinformed and that the solution to my problem lie solely with Company A. By this time it was after 6:00 PM and Company A was closed for the day. Which means I get to pick up the trail in the morning and hope beyond hope that I stumble onto a service rep who is using more than their brain stem to function and who may be able to resolve my problem.

To top off the perfect day I went to the doctor and I have bronchitis for the eighth time in the last twelve months. Time to begin another round of antibiotics and another two or three weeks of feeling like crap.

No comments: