Friday, June 24, 2005

30 Minutes

Tonight I wasted thirty minutes of my life that are forever irretrievable.

I went to the movies for the first time in quite a while and found that the amount of commercials (the pre-show countdown) and previews have reached thirty minutes coming close to one third of the average movies length.

If the commercials had been new and/or original the wait may not have been so bad. Unfortunately for my senses they were all commercials I fast forward through on a regular basis at home.

The industry has even managed to sneak a few “previews” of current or soon to be released films into the commercial block by creating behind the scenes commentaries.

This evening we were treated to Ron Howard explaining why Cinderella Man had nothing to do with boxing and a variety of so called experts explaining how the Voodoo used in some movie called The Skeleton Key was based on fact. I was especially intrigued when I found out that if I sprinkle red brick dust on my front porch I will know my enemies because anyone who wants to bring me harm will be unable to cross the line.

Sure.

Than during the previews the rehashed the whole Skeleton Key movie this time without the help of experts.

Did I mention the movie we saw was Land of the Dead? Rather ironic when we sit through all this bullshit waiting for the movie to begin. No one complains. No one walks out. We just shuffle along like the zombies in the film handing over our hard earned money.

Go figure.

No comments: