Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Soapbox

Arrogance

“Amid all this violence, I know Americans ask the question: Is the sacrifice worth it? It is worth it, and it is vital to the future security of our country….”

President George Bush June 28, 2005

Begin soapbox.

For the most part current affairs and politics have never really been the driving force behind Murmur’s. The primary reason has always been to avoid offending the casual visitor.

That being said, as a parent the quote from President Bush really struck home. With all of the controversy surrounding this war if it was my one of my sons or my daughter who was coming home in a box I could without hesitation state unequivocally that the sacrifice Mr. President was not worth it. No only that but I find it the height of arrogance to presume to speak for the families of the fallen by labeling their sacrifices part of the greater good.

End Soapbox.

No comments: