Thursday, August 18, 2005

If I .....

If I were a color
I would be the final flare of orange left in the sky after a sunset
If I were a shape
I would be a hopscotch square filled with the footprints of a hundred kids
If I were a movement
I would be the gentle thumping of a baby’s heart
If I were a sound
I would be the haunting echo of freight trains whistle on a lonely autumns eve
If I were an animal
I would be an owl silhouetted against a harvest moon
If I were a song
I would be the haunting melody of Sentimental Journey
If I were a number
I would be one the loneliest of all numbers
If I were a food
I would be an artichoke many layers but a heart which makes the journey worthwhile
If I were a musical instrument
I would be an alto sax mixing blues for a thirsty world
If I were a place
I would be a deserted beach warmed by the memories of countless years
If I were a month
I would be October embracing the reds and yellows of change
If I were a day
I would be Thursday taken for granted always the final one chosen
If I were an hour
I would be 1:00 AM, surfing the silence of a sleeping world
If I were a minute
I would be now, the only moment anyone can count on

No comments: