Saturday, January 17, 2004

Choices

I chose this path. I am here at this point in 2004 for a reason. When I was born there were unlimited alternatives spread before me strewn upon life's many paths. Each selection I made brought me a step closer to the reality of here and now. Why? Why did I make these choices that have brought me here? How would my life be different if I had turned left instead of right, if I had walked rather than ran? I have no crystal ball to show me what might have been. Jacob Marley's ghost has not promised me a once in a lifetime journey through my past, present and future. The only reality I have is the one in which I am living. The only here is now. The choices I have made are made. I can accept them and move on into the great unknow. Or I can sit in the corner with my sock monkey and cry over all my past mistakes. Hopefully, I will choose to accept the future, but just in case if anyone finds a soggy sock monkey he belongs to me.

No comments: