Thursday, January 15, 2004

Merry Go Round

I sit and I watch
The stars at night
I think of what's wrong
I think of what's right
A war torn country
A terrible sight
Children who run
From the dark to the light
My heart is heavy
With insignificant pain
But what I feel
Just isn't the same
My problems are few
Compared to theirs
Someday it just seems
Like it's so hard to care
As I sit in the park
On a merry go round
Placed there for children
To spin round and round
I want to cry
But I can't find the tears
I want to run
But the pain is always near
To some love is the answer
A light at darkest noon
To me love is a fear
That never leaves to soon
Some can't understand
That, emotions are real
Not something tarnished
Made from recycled steel
I want to run
Into the arms of a friend
I want to hide
Until time begins to bend
I want to capture the moonlight
Dancing on the waves
I want to walk thru the sand
A moment to save
I want to live without questions
No soiled explanations
Talk to whom I please
Without emotional citations
I want to live in solitude
Lost in a fantasy
I want to sleep in the rain
And escape reality
I want to be a boy again
No pressure to bear
Playing with soldiers
Dirt in my hair
Riding a merry go round
Singing a song
Watching the moonlight
And crying…
Alone

No comments: