Monday, January 19, 2004

Man of Confusion

Emotions are scattered
Into the wind
The walls tremble
And sometimes bend
Like a magnet
My soul collects
The scattered remains
That others forget
Overly emotional
My mood swings
Go with the flow
Though I can’t sing
I want to be calm
Nerves on edge
Talk me down
From the ledge
I cry out
Torn in shame
I know the rules
But don’t like the game
Like a boy in the park
Wanting to run
Though the dark clouds
Have hidden the sun
I want to love
But there’s so much confusion
Will it last
Or is it all illusion
Another minute
Has passed me by
I stand-alone
I don’t know why
My heart screams
For some attention
Nothing works
No intervention
I want to fight
My soul is weak
I’m so afraid
Of the love I seek
I want to laugh
But I fear laughter
If I disappear
Will it matter
I hope that someday
Someone will understand
My soul
My heart
And the feelings of a confused man


No comments: