Sunday, March 28, 2004

Ghost Town

So far I have kept my posts link free. That being said all rules are made to be broken and the following link made breaking this unwritten one more than worth it.
  • Ghost Town
  • is a site belonging to a Russian woman named Elena. Apparently her favorite past time is to climb aboard her Ninja motorcycle and cruise the former Soviet Bloc. What makes her site unique is that she does most of her touring in and around Cherynobl, also known as Ghost Town. The photos she has posted are erie and really made me stop and ponder the consequences brought about by some of the choices humanity has made. Several images have haunted my subconscious sense my initial viewing of her site. I will leave my opinions for another time so that anyone who decides to visit her site can see her photos from fresh eyes. I will say that viewing her photos brought to mind the poetry of T.S. Elliot especially the poem:
  • The Waste Land
  • .

    No comments: