Thursday, December 16, 2004

Insomnia

My head hit the pillow while sleep fled my brain
Another night of this I am sure I will go insane
Tossing and turning embracing the fear
The echo of my racing heart is all I seem to hear
I search the darkened corners for a lost good luck token
I am afraid the world would laugh if my fears were spoken
I cannot comprehend the dread lurking deep inside
From this new phobia there is no place to hide
If I close my eyes tonight they will never again see the light of day
Somehow death will find me in his cold embrace take me away
He will lock me in a long forgotten room
He will hide the key seal my doom
I will scream and I will cry no one near will hear
Sorrow will build until I drown in my tears
Demons will laugh sinners rejoice
You had one chance you failed in your choice
Pleading I will cry point out the signpost where I went wrong
How could I fail when I believed in the song
They point and they laugh it is not enough to believe
Many have tried many were deceived
Live with in your faith embrace the words
Even when you find them to be quite absurd
I fall to my knees the meaning was diluted
Words passed along were never secluded
Each man mixed in a piece of himself
Chose what they wanted left the rest on a shelf
You may speak truth that was not meant to be
For reality is stronger than fantasy
You cling to half-truths deep hidden meanings
You forgot about souls and tender human feelings
You must discard the luggage attached to your heart
Toss it aside line up for another start
Forget the past unrepairable mistakes
Build new bridges across your private lake
Continue to grow distribute your love
Soon your soul will join the sky above

The alarm sounded 6:00 AM I opened my eyes cleared my head
My soul felt light no longer burdened with dread
Maybe the vision in my dream was right
Start afresh in the new mornings light
Abandon the darkness collected in error
Open my heart new feelings to share
Then maybe sleep will begin anew
Calm peaceful as sweet evening dew

No comments: