Tuesday, January 17, 2006

As the World Turns

If I were one who made New Year's resolutions, which I am not, I would have made two. First, to do everything within my power to make 2006 a much healthier year than the past three. Second, to reduce the stress in my life to a point where it might be possible to deal with anxiety and agraphobia on a less medicinal level and more of a psychological level.

With than in mind I find not being a resolution maker to be a source of solace, for if I had made those resolutions I would have failed miserably.

My stress and anxiety levels are if anything more severe than they have been in quite a while. Meds can only take you so far, some of the healing or calming has to come from within. For whatever reason I cannot seem to find that place where I am at peace. Anxiety and depression continue to be annoying and miserable cell mates.

Reasons are complex some within my control, some not. What I would not give for one stress free, anxiety less day. Just one. I am not greedy and you have to start someplace.

Healthwise I have been fighting a cold since before Christmas. No real infection, the usual coughing that I have dealt with ages a bit of a runny nose and fatigue. That being said over the last few days it seems to have gotten the best of my immune system once more.

I did my best to avoid illness. Ate right, washed my hands, avoided people with colds and other odd illnesses yet despite my best effort it seems it will be back to the antibiotic track for me once more.

I am going to the doctors in the morning, yet again. With my chest feeling like several elephants are fighting over who gets to sleep on my sternum I can only assume that I have pneumonia once again. I keep evicting him and he keeps coming back.

Does anyone know a good lawyer who could get a restraining order against pneumonia, if so I sure as hell could use one.

No comments: