Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Never being one for superstitions and fears. At least before all this anxiety kicked in.

Friday the 13th was for me a puzzle. When asked what my favorite number was I always responded with 13. Could not understand what this one number did to be so maligned.

Laughed when I visited downtown Los Angeles and saw that the skyscrapers all went from the 12th to the 14th floor skipping the number 13. As if by not numbering it, the floor would not exist.

Given my druthers on Friday the 13th I would step on a crack, beneath a ladder, holding a black cat, all the while spilling salt all over the ground.

Back in the day we used Friday the 13th's as an excuse for throwing parties. Everyone would wear black and have a wonderful time.

Now where is my ladder.....

No comments: