Saturday, May 08, 2004

Rain

With the late spring rain
Came the final scene
Where the woman he loved
Broke his heart
It was a Tuesday
In May
At a little hotel
In Santa Barbara
Where the roar of the surf
Couldn't cover the sound
Of his breaking heart

Without an intro, she began
There's another man she said
They had been sharing a bed
For the past year or two

And he felt like such a fool
Watching her sit there, looking so cool
While he fell apart, like a little boy
Who had just lost his favorite toy

With tear filled eyes he asked her why
With heart wrenching sobs he begged please don't lie
He needed the truth, no matter how it hurt

She closed her eyes for quite awhile
Before she whispered
Once upon a time I loved you
I would have sworn that love was true
But as the years passed by
I won't lie, that love faded away
Than he came into my life
He made everything seem all right
He gave me his love, and he set my heart free
I am sorry and I never meant to hurt you
But now the time has come for me to leave
With that, she turned her back
And without a good by she was gone

He sat in quiet solitude
His soul like a ship on a stormy sea
Being tossed and turned
By the waves her words produced
He cried, he screamed, he considered suicide
No not that he thought
I want to live
With her or without her
I will survive
A better person for loving her
A stronger person for losing her
Though no matter how I fight it
I will love her
Until the end of time

No comments: