Saturday, January 22, 2005

Afraid to Believe

I am not sure how I found this path
I am not sure how the choice was made
But I have been roaming for so many years
And yet I am still afraid
Afraid of what tomorrow will bring
Afraid of all my yesterdays
Afraid of every shadow in the hall
Afraid to run, too afraid to stay
I want to change the course I’m on
Plan a journey see the world
I just cannot do it alone
I need a the support of a good hearted girl
But I’m afraid of failing again
Afraid of a broken heart
Afraid of removing these walls
Afraid of chance, afraid of another start
I believe in a future filled with hope
I believe the rainbow will follow the rain
But deep down in my soul
There’s a pothole filled with pain
And I’m afraid of feeling love
I’m afraid of the scars it will leave
I’m afraid of being used
I’m afraid, to afraid to believe

No comments: