Monday, January 24, 2005

My Quest

My life has been spent in a search
For the pieces missing from my puzzle
A half empty box mismatched and ragged
The picture remains incomplete
Failure to believe brought me to this moment
Standing alone on top a mountain
Having settled for less once again
Once again I gave my heart
To a woman who never wanted the key
Her obsession was with possessions
And my heart was just a token on her shelf
She never offered comfort when she found the heart trembling
Loneliness meant nothing to her
She never loved
Despite the unconditional love I offered
Blame is not the issue though
My plate already overflows with regret
Bitter crusts of relationships past
Crumbling memories returning to the dust from which they came
No once again the blame belonged to me
A hopeless romantic settling for a less than perfect love
My fear of loneliness compromising common sense
I continue to accept and excuse
Collecting a boxful of scars along the way
On my endless quest for a soul mate

No comments: