Friday, February 20, 2004

First Kiss

We spent the evening
At the Forum
Watching the Eagles
Soar across the stage
Our first date
My first concert
After
We parked in your drive
About midnight
Under a threatening sky
In the distance
Thunder
Or was it my heart
I was young
Naïve
You were younger
Worldly
Silence
Filled the car
Comfortable
But not
"I had…"
We both started
Stopped, quiet again
Rain began
To fall
Covering the windshield
In momentary rainbows
From the headlights
Of passing cars
Other couples
More experienced
Knowing the steps
To this dance
Nervously my hand
Reaches
Out to yours
Our fingers meet
Touching, intertwining
Eyes meet
Questioning
Soft smile, encouraging
I lean forward
Unsure, anxious, inexperienced
Our lips meet
Gentle, soft, warm
Lightening flashes
Electricity of the moment
The storm
Us
Forever remembered
My first kiss

No comments: