Thursday, February 05, 2004

Mind Pollution

I have come to the realization that I am suffering from an incurable case of mind pollution. No, not because of the unannounced appearance of Janet Jackson's breast on the halftime show, but because of all the clutter I cannot seem to discard. The décor of my mind has more and more become a mismatched collection of old and useless memories. If only I could have a mind sale and make a profit from my personal scrap heap.

As I wander around the jungle that is my ego I am continuously discovering archaic ideas and outdated memories. Some of the memories may be worth keeping but for the most part they should have been taped over long ago. There are snippets of songs without titles. There are bits of dialogue without film. There are even pages of books with long forgotten plot lines.

Further back in the darker recesses of my mind lies a toxic waste dump. Filled with the tattered remains of broken hearts that can be seen clinging to the cerebrum like bats in a damp and musty cave. Here also can be found pools of pain and sorrow, collected and stored, a reservoir of half remembered tears.

If only God had thought about providing me with an alt-control-delete button so I could reboot my system and start over. Maybe something a bit more practical a memory scrubber of some type that I could use to remove the garbage, open a few windows and air out the place.

Of course if I could do that I would quickly run out of material to write about. All in all I guess this imperfect storage system is one that I will have to live with. I will continue to blindly tour the halls of my mind hoping to find my way beyond the mind pollution.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Gold Investment Buzzle.com Buzzle Web Portal: Intelligent Life. Gold Investment Gold is the best way of investing your money. We'll help you learn the tricks of the trade. These articles will tell you how and when to buy gold. Investing in gold: a beginner's guide MoneyWeek. Modern bullion coins allow investors to own investment grade gold (between 0.90 and 0.9999 fineness) legal tender coins at a small premium to the spot price of gold as. Watches, bracelets, necklaces and settings for jewels are a few of the ways in which white gold appears. The extensive nature of gold ornaments does make it difficult to buy jewellery made from gold, which is mostly an expensive purchase. Gold vs Mutual Funds Which is the best Investment Option? Gold vs mutual funds as investment options? it is a debate that is slowly gaining denomination. While gold represents the?old school? of investment thoughts, mutual. Warren Buffett on why gold is not a good investment? India Dr. 25 FEB 2012. Warren Buffett on why gold is not a good investment. Warren Buffett, known as the sage of Omaha, has his.